February 10, 2017

Breaking news! Nothing is happening

Vancouver is covered by snow once again. But this time is has pretty much melted in couple of days. I'm witnessing one of the coldest winters in Vancouver and yet when going out short sleeves and jacket is all that is needed. Hearing people complain about it reminds me about our human nature, easily settling for better but having a hard time when we encounter some bad short term anomalies.
Full moon rising, Garibaldi Provincal Park, BC
Speaking of hard life, moving here Facebook's news feed has adapted to a new geographical location. Hence showing me more and more motivational speeches from young (and I would assume successful people) about how technology is destroying us, that we should start thinking, wake up, embrace life, resign jobs and travel etc.. Most of those viral videos share a striking resemblance with one of the most famous speeches delivered in 1940. by Charlie Chaplin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fMvLbE85E). What makes a big difference between them is that one is made in the wake of one of the most horrifying events in our recent history. 

On the other hand unnecessary dramatic videos made today are made in a world with too much melodrama while statistics are saying to us that world has never been a better place. I'm struggling not to mention Instagram posts with deeeeep thoughts and hastags. Point of this little rant is to show that I'm even worse than people I'm ranting about (ha ha). I think people born around 90's (myself included) and later can't imagine how was life before 30+ years. We need to be more humble and more grateful of a time we live in. 

Regardless of who is to blame or what choices they made, but walking around Hastings Street and seeing all the homeless / drug addicts gives you a pretty good reality check. Every single one of us have some ideas what life is, what should be, what's good and what's not, how some should live, what to eat and somehow we always tend to think that exactly our vision of world is the right one. Freedom (of choice) means also having a freedom to make a bad choices. We are living in a beautiful world (except when you need to work outside and it is rainy, than world could be better).
To change this post's mood, vast amounts of sushi for 22$
Work is going pretty good and for now I see myself working there longterm. As I said before I want to try to obtain Permanent Residence by working somewhere I like to work. My life motto is #time #is #limited #resource #so #don't #waste #it. While we are at wasting time like writing a blog, couple of days ago I got a message from random guy who said that because of this blog he applied for WH and that he is coming to Vancouver. That message made my cold heart couple of degrees warmer. 

Being opinionated as I am (thus some people kind of started hating me in a last couple of months before I departed for Canada), I like people who don't give a two shits about what most people think. I met a polyamorous couple (yeah, I needed to google it also). It amazes me how easy going and relaxed they are. Next time I meet them I'll be like a twelve year old with too many questions to be asked :D

On a similar but completely different note I meet somebody that promised she is going to make pasticada! Promise is documented with screenshot and we all know that breaking promises makes little Santa's elves sad!
Jazz Thursdays at Tangent, Commercial Street
I really like listen to music, especially while being alone (new Pain of Salvation album is perfect). Because of the longer commuting time since I changed companies, I decided to try something different other than music while going to / off work. Idea of audiobook was something I wanted to try a long time ago but never had a chance to do it. First one on my menu is "Why Nations Fail". For now I can say this book is a must read / must listen to get a glimpse of understanding why is the world the way it is today. It makes time fly much faster concentrating on spoken words instead of the music you are already familiar with. And you are "reading" a book :D
Don't drink and ski?!
This weekend is (again) a long weekend and I decided this time to go to a ski resort. Looking all the skiers around me in order to not be a burden to them when going backcountry I need to practice more my skiing. It should be sunny which means a lots of people and long queues for ski lift but what the heck. 
A love long time gone and forgotten
Last time in the mountains, a lady which moved here 6 years ago, explained to me that I'm still in my honeymoon phase with Canada. A phase when everything is good, new and exciting. I'm still laughing at the expression itself and I'll can say in my defense: Long live the Honeymoon phase!



Ps. Last time one friend filed a complaint that I mentioned Mario M. (+385 98 177 92XX) while not mentioning him. So, Ivan P. (+385 91 477 76XX) take my sincere apologies and I take this opportunity to say that you are such a beautiful human being and a wonderful artist. Every girl should be jealous for not having you by her side. Heck, even men should...

Pps. Mario M. (mentioned above) has obviously became jealous of me and my world wide success. So he decided to make a blog of his own. He is talking little less giberish than people I ranted about above. Only for Croatian readers. 

http://vitkenavike.com/

Ppps. Mario B. (burek) is getting some fans in Vancouver. As we witness, food opens many doors. :D

6 comments :

Blog

This is a blog about a journey of searching a better life (whatever the hell that means) or hit the floor in the process. First and foremost its purpose will be to capture the world through my own eyes and try to be as sincere as possible to myself.

In the meantime I hope it will help some people who find themselves in the similar situation to make more informed and rational decisions. Same as many blogs and forum posts helped me to get my courage up and move from the life of certainty.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.